Friday, March 21, 2008

I SWEAR THE SUN WAS TRYING TO COME OUT!



Today is Good Friday -- the sacred Friday before Easter. It is also the day after a wondrously sunny First Day of Spring boasting 45 degrees. It is the wonderful Friday when we are sent home after working only half a day.


Well, today would have been a half-day of work ANYWAY because of the weather! The boss's ski trip might be cancelled because of snow! And the above are photos I snapped on the way home from work. Enticing, eh? (By the way, they ARE in color!)

"Welcome to Wisconsin"

You have to realize that I jest. No, not about the weather. The weather is happening, exactly as pictured above, as I type. What I'm joking about is the disgust in the weather. As Wisconsinites, we have been griping about the lack of snow for several years. I have active dogs, and we spend a lot of time outside, year-round. Without snow, I have nearly no grass left by Spring. I then spend the next four months trying to get grass to grow again. With the heavy snow cover we've enjoyed this season, I am certain to find grass just raring to be cut whenever the snow goes away. The real joke is the complaining so many people are doing these days about our winter. This year, we have finally seen winter as it used to be: cold and snowy days, again and again. I probably sound cocky because I finally have a decent car and it has a heater and it starts every day. I confess, lately, the dreary days have been getting the better of me, as well. But we have forgotten that Easter has come very early this year, and it is still the Month of March. We must lighten up!

No, I couldn't "go out and play" when I arrived home today, and I had to shovel the snow off the dog when I brought her in, but Spring will get here! I am getting my kayak gear ready -- just wait until the ice melts on the lake!

No comments: