Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tough Day at Black Rock......

I have decided that I don't like any of the available fonts here. That's just the icing on today's cake. I've been told that I spread myself too thin -- today, I am skim milk!
Work is as bad as ever, the weather sucks (yes, I know we need the rain, but MODERATION! MODERATION!) My body must work on a solar panel, no sun, no energy! When I arrived home, my neighbor came out on her porch and announced she needed to talk to me. I put her off for a couple minutes while I came inside to get the dogs. Thinking: "Am I in some kind of trouble?", I went over to see what she wanted.
Turned out her sister has just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and she wanted some advice, some insight, and probably some reassurance. Hell, why not -- turns out today is the seventh anniversary of MY diagnosis. I didn't realize that until we started talking about the bare bones: what happens next. I left her with some words that I hope will help, my oncologist's card, a hug, and hope, I hope. Left me thinking that all this volunteer stuff I'm being criticized for may be having some impact. Hmmmmmm.
Getting late -- I can't believe I'm being such an idiot trying to get everything up and running on this computer. The fact that I've gotten a couple pictures out the door is a near miracle. Haven't been able to get my Micro Office open to get my resume done. All the work my computer guru did to get stuff copied over may be for naught, if I can't find the stuff!!!!!
Okay - til next time--- don't forget to get your mammies checked! Oh, and if you're of the male gender -- you need to have things checked, too. So do it!

No comments: