Monday, September 18, 2006

It's Monday, It's Monday, It's Monday......

Yes, indeed, today is Monday; work day, weird day. Had to go off to the chain gang this morning. The boss is out of town, so the head pit boss was less pitbull than pit boss. Pissed her off a few times because things were slow, so I pulled out a book. Drives her nuts!!! Anyway, got that out of the way after only about 8 1/2 hours. Whew.

Hightailed it home where I was seeking refuge from the crazies and weirdos of the world. Was stopped by my new neighbor who, strangely enough goes by the same name I do. Funny part is, she is about a head taller, much bigger -- all ways, has the most wonderful head of blonde, corkscrew curly, long hair (I am insanely jealous of anyone who has hair remotely like I used to have) opposed to my short brown do. She drives a truck, while I sit at a desk all day. But, personally, we seem to gel otherwise. She's tough and single, just like I am - we make each other laugh. She's promising to introduce me to the man of my dreams. I'll hold reservations to that, since she told me that her ex is out of jail today, and I should call the police if I see anybody acting suspiciously around her house. Oh great.

We stood and talked for awhile, watching our NEW neighbor move in next door. Couldn't quite tell who is moving in, since the former tenant's son's girlfriend was busy driving through the yard to the back of the garage to pull out whatever crap the parents had left behind when the moved out last week; the landlord was in and out, apparently doing some last minute repairs and upgrades, a white truck kept coming and going -- new neighbor or nosey friend? I don't know....

In the nearly fourteen years I've lived here, I have endured about 7 or 8 years of a domineering husband screaming and shouting at this wife and four kids; numerous dogs tied out under the trees in all weather (I single-handedly orchestrated taking at least 5 animals from them for better homes -- still thinking about the full-blooded Golden Retriever I should have taken and was eventually stolen from them) and who rode the perimeter of the yard on his teeny-tiny mini-bike in his Chicago Bears zebra print sweat pants, satin Bears jacket and skunk cap, complete with tail, all his waking hours (and it seemed that he didn't work a lot). Oh how I prayed for a gas crisis at that time! The house sat empty for nearly two years, and now there's been three tenants in six months. What could the new neighbor have in store for us?

Maybe I don't want to know that, either.

No comments: