Tuesday, November 06, 2007

TWO AND A HALF MEN

I will shout to anyone who will listen that Two and A Half Men is my ultimate favorite TV show. At the same time, I have to tell you that I do not clear my schedule on certain nights, I don't avoid people.... okay, there are times I just don't answer my phone because it rings at the wrong time. God forbid, if I AM sitting in front of my favorite show, I am not going to interrupt it just to tell some idiot that I really do not need a satellite dish.

Back to Two and A Half Men.... The writers are brilliant, the talents mesh beautifully, and it is just plain FUNNY!!!! Tonight, I came straight home from work, found a can of something to heat up, and sat down to see what I was going to accomplish tonight, a whole night at home, for a change. Browsing the channels, I found TAAHM reruns on a Chicago station, filling space opposite local news. I was there. Turned out to be an episode I hadn't yet seen~~~~ Charlie was pretending to be gay to get in the good graces of a contact that gave him lots of jingle work (he supposedly writes ad copy and jingles for commercials). He was invited to bring his "significant other" to a cocktail party, and proceeded to convince his brother Allen to be his "date". Needless to say, Jon Crier filled the bill quite well, and even elicited a pass from the host in the form of a weekend invitation to Big Sur.

At the same time, the young Jake had heard that one out of three men suffer from erectile dysfunction, and since he didn't have a problem, he figured it was his father or his uncle. Of course, the mother stumbles into all this and is enjoying the discomfort of her over-confident, super-cocky (yes, enjoy the pun)oldest son. I decided right then and there, that this is going to be a series that I am going to own on DVD. My best friend also loves this show, but the rest of my world can't seem to understand the attraction of this mostly sarcastic, basically outright mean cast of characters. I love it! Go Charlie! Go Allen! Go Jake! Keep up the great work!!!!!

P.S. I'm hoping that a good number of these episodes are already written and the Writer's strike will be short-lived.

1 comment:

Get A Life! said...

I saw that one too!! I need to start tuning in, I'm such a latecomer to the show, I really haven't seen many at all but who wouldn't love Charlie Sheen playing Charlie Sheen? BTW he's a big car collector, loves old 50s cars.