Thursday, November 29, 2007

Books Are My Life... Books Are My Downfall

A week or so ago, I was in my favorite book store with a 25% coupon in hand. Do they know a mark when they see one? Of course, I can't stop at that one book at 25% off on top of my 10% member discount. I had to check out the sale shelves, the best-seller tables and a few other various and sundry nooks. In this hunt, I came upon a table marked "Must Haves". There was a book titled: "1000 Places You Must See Before You Die". That one was easy to leave befind, because I have my own list of places I want to visit -- I don't have to pay someone else $20 to tell me. There was "1000 Movies You Must Watch". Nope, didn't need that one either. The Ultimate Stupidest Book on Earth, in my opinion, is: "1000 Books You Must Read". Oh, come on! I need to spend $30 to find out that none of the 20,000 books on my shelves are listed?
Another thing that is starting to drive me nuts, is the fact that I am addicted to a certain kind of datebook, and for some, unknown reason, I am so far, unable to find it! The worst part of this is that my search is taking me into every available book store and newstand around! This is dangerous! I'm supposed to be packing up my belongings and getting ready to put this place up for sale. So far, I've just been getting more boxes for more books! My new house is going to need wall to wall to wall to wall bookshelves! I've got to get these all read so I can start getting rid of them. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This info is priceless. How can I find out more?

My webpage - 2013 at 9:48 pm