Monday, May 07, 2007

I'm So Confused!!!!

Life is getting way too crazy, and I just checked out for a short time. Most people, including my GP think I am home and nursing yet another bad asthma attack. Actually, the reason I HAD the asthma attack was that my world was closing in on me. It's really handy being off the beaten track -- everyone I know feels that I live "out of the way" and "too far". At times like this, that is fine.

With life spinning out of control at work, it is having a bad effect on my personal life, and my health, and my sanity... -- I have several phone calls from friends I haven't returned since last week sometime. That's inexcuseable!

I have seriously been pretty much bedridden since Friday, and just this afternoon started feeling like sitting up. During my convelescence, I made the following observations:

Paris Hilton was sentenced to 45 real days in jail. First, she was arrested for DUI. Then she was arrested for speeding, and driving with a suspended license. Her words: "I didn't know my license was suspended!" I would like to know what hugely important business Paris is involved in that she forgets that her license is suspended. As far as I know her only business is being Paris Hilton. Which takes this tirade just a little further: the rich bitch must have 40 people around her at all times -- are you going to tell me that not one of them is going to argue with her about going out driving alone in the current state of her affairs? Makes me a little more ill.

Brittany Spears: I wondered who the heck she was when she first broke the sound barrier. Now the hoopla is that she is out touring with her music. My question on this one: What music? Between BS and Jessica Simpson, I am still trying to find out why THEY are famous!!!!

Okay, enough about "Entertainment Tonight". Did you watch the Kentucky Derby? GREAT RACE!!! I saw the interview with another jockey and got a kick out of the comment he made about his horse having "gears" - that he could pour on the gas when he needed it. That certainly seemed to work for Street Sense. Cool race. I watched it between sections of a Rachel Ray Bio. I really feel sorry for all the people who went to all kinds of bother and expense for the, what, three minutes of excitement?!

Which brings me to Rachel Ray... That should have been me!!!! Rachel Ray -- however you feel about her is really something else as a mover/shaker/go-getter. Dishwasher, waitress, candy counter manager, grocery store demonstrator, small town features personality to where she is now....... Whew! I've got to link all my crazy stuff together to make it look like a stepping stone. Maybe my problem is that I still don't know what I want to be..... I'll have to think on that and get back to you.


2 comments:

Get A Life! said...

I had no idea you were home!
We'll catch up Saturday after you rest up and come home from the vet.

Get A Life! said...

And another thing - would someone please lock Paris up with an Atlas for the 45 days? She has no idea where Great Britian is, or that it is a country.